This is what I learned in August 2020:
- OpenAI with GPT 3 is a huge thing right now, here’s a nice video explaining the hype.
- Over the last couple of weeks, I cleaned my list of accounts I follow on Twitter. I noticed that I did rarely used the platform anymore because I followed some pretty verbous accounts. Their topics were relevant to me, but spamming my timeline wasn’t worth it. Lessons learned: Only post relevant things!
- Thanks to Vlad Mihalcea, I learned that a Java Record cannot be used as a JPA or Hibernate entity. I added this information to my article about Java Records.
- After reading the nice article “RESTful APIs richtig gemacht” (german article) (“Getting RESTful APIs right”), I read up about JSON:API. The article linked to the great essay “Thoughts on RESTful API Design”.
- I found AWS S3 tutorial for beginners, a nice beside-the-breakfast video to learn the most important facts about S3.
I read no books that should be mentioned here.
This is what I’m working on right now / planning to do in the near future / other stuff:
- Generally, I decided to spend more time learning and getting more hands-on-experience with the Amazon Web Services.
- A couple of weeks ago, I started multiple projects. I’m focusing on getting one of those finished, which will be a really nice experience I’m looking forward to. This will definitively turn up here on my page.