You are here
Free JavaFX course material
Last friday, I gave a JavaFX course for some colleagues. As I did with the Java 8 course, I open-sourced all explanations, examples and code samples. They are available at Github. Feel free to use this material for learning or giving a course of your own. Please give feedback if you find any errors or I forgot a topic. Here are the contents of the course:
- Building your first FX application: How does JavaFX generally work? What is an fxml-file? What is property binding?
- Compiling SceneBuilder: Since JDK 8u40, Oracle doesn't provide a binary for the SceneBuilder. This chapter shows you how to compile your own SceneBuilder.
- Advanced basics: What are tranisitions and timelines? How can I style my application window? What are the pitfalls when using the TableView? ... And a lot of other stuff.
- JavaFX 3D: What does a 3D application look like?
- Custom controls: How can I write completely customized components?
- Testing FX applications
- SwingInterop: How can FX code be used in Swing applications?
All files in this repository are under Creative Commons 4.0.
Learn JavaFX or give a course about it. Have fun!
(Photo: Java logo and wordmark, http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/monthly-management-reports-36658768)