This is what I learned in October 2017:
- Until now, I used query methods in Spring Data JPA only for reading. However, also updates can be written in repositories:
- I began using the awesome Java Stream Debugger which lets you debug debug Java 8 streams in IntelliJ IDEA.
- Since a couple of months, I’m using OneNote as my primary project management tool. Recently, I learned about how to collapse paragraph/outline via shortcut. This makes navigating through my projects faster.
- Also keyboard-related: I read found some interesting shortcuts for my favorite IDE IntelliJ IDEA:
- (Shift) F3 - scroll through occurrences
- Ctrl + Shift + I in result lists = “quick definition” = show surrounding code of currently selected result
- Ctrl + Shift + Space - smart-completion, a better alternative for Ctrl + Space
- Ctrl + Shift + Enter - complete current statement
- I’m working a lot for my remote workshop as well as my software engineering course. A lot of interesting things can be found there.