This is what I learned in May 2020:
- A while ago, I found two websites that can be of help for designing color schemas: color-hex.com and a color calculator.
- From one of the great videos of Tom Scott, I learned that “captcha” is the short form of “completely automated public turing test to tell computers and humans apart”. What a great abbreveation. :D
- Again, I was busy learning about HATEOAS. Here’s an article about how to set the hypermedia type for REST-responses in Spring MVC.
- Although I use Mockito for some time, I didn’t know about the Inorder class and how to test multiple method calls. Here’s an article about that.
- For the first time, I used Hibernate Envers. Here’s how to set up the tables needed for this great authoring lib.
- I learned a lot about Axon, the eventsourcing framework.
I read the following books:
- “Influence” by Robert B. Cialdini. Here’s a review.
This is what I’m working on right now / planning to do in the near future / other stuff:
- On the 19th of June, I will participate as a speaker at Digitaltag. It is a Germany-wide event which with a lot of talks, workshops and streams. As board member of IT Hub, I will represent our association with two IT-relevant topics. First, I will talk about how IT communities work (which is basically the keynote of our barcamp last year). After that, I will deliver some insights in what a software developer does. Both talks target a wide audience, no prior knowledge needed.